Stinger's Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOOD Tournament Guys!!

Go down

GOOD Tournament Guys!! Empty GOOD Tournament Guys!!

Post by Stump16 Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:30 am

Guys, we had another good showing this weekend. We should pick up either 12 or 13 points from this weekend. That's not bad. We are continuing to play as a TEAM, and that will help us throughout the season, and will help us win a few tournanaments along the way. We hit the ball pretty well for most of the day, but still need to work on being a bit more consistent.

We also had too many SOLO and INNING ENDING HR's throughout the day. Which brings me to a point of conversation from Saturday. There was some discussion about how our team is not built for LD, that we would be better suited for UD, because of the HR's. Here is my point of view on the whole matter - once we hit our limit, regardless of what class we are in, we have to then be smart enough to transition to a base hitting team. Watch the "good" UD and C Class teams. Once they use up their HR's, they change their swings and become a basehitting team. I have played both of those classes, and that is how you game plan for ISA. The major difference between the classes is the number of guys in the lineup that can "go yard" and the DEFENSE is normally more solid as you go up in class.

Off my soap box.........again, good tournament. I really like the makeup of this team. I have heard many people, both on and off the team that have made similar comments. People are impressed with the way that we handle our business week in and week out. We don't get down when we are trailing in a game. We chip away at any lead that another team might have and make the game interesting. We show a lot of heart when we do that.

Thanks again guys for a really good weekend.

STUMP
Stump16
Stump16

Back to top Go down