Stinger's Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations on a good tournament

Go down

Congratulations on a good tournament Empty Congratulations on a good tournament

Post by Stump16 Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:12 pm

Team,

As disappointed as most of us were to get double dipped in the Championship Game, overall we had a good tournament and we were able to pick up 13 points in the BIG 10 standings. That is big going into the Double Points tournament in Rome on 4/12.

The thing that I saw that probably bothered me the most out of this weekend was the body language of a few guys when we got down in the first Championship game. I saw a look of defeat and a sense of panic. I haven't seen that out of this team since the first few tournaments of the year. We weren't focused on Defense and we definitely were not focused at the plate. If we don't go out their confident and focused, bad things will happen. Errors (mental and physical) are contagious. When we press, we make mistakes in the field, and we do not hit the ball. One mistake leads to another, and nothing good can come out of that. We have to make up our minds if we want to be WINNERS or LOSERS. ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING. You have to think that you are going to WIN, and when a play is not made, or a call doesn't go our way, we need to suck it up, get over it and move on to the next play. We cannot let the little things that happen during a game haunt us.

We have a really GOOD team. I am looking forward to seeing how well we can do. I just want to ask each of you to commit to showing a little more confidence and focus when we are on the field. Good things will result.....

Right now, the STINGERS are flying under the radar and I like it that way. We will slowly and methodically get everyone's attention. In the meantime, let's continue improving and gelling as a TEAM.

Another item of note from this weekend. I wanted to thank everyone for being so understanding about the way that we conducted the substitutions this weekend. I wanted to get everyone a significant amount of playing time, and with 15 players, that is often difficult. I appreciate the way that it was handled and accepted by everyone.
Stump16
Stump16

Back to top Go down