Stinger's Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

01/26- Tournament Review - Stats are posted!

4 posters

Go down

01/26- Tournament Review - Stats are posted! Empty 01/26- Tournament Review - Stats are posted!

Post by MikeHGA79 Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:39 am

Hey Guys....stats are posted from our first tournament, check the link out at the top of the page.

I think everyone, myself included, was satisfied with the potential we showed on Saturday. The first loss was a heartbreaker and we just couldn't get it going offensively in the 2nd game. But that's why we have warm ups before they really start counting. We got a chance to look at some of our newer teammates and even put Ryan at 3rd (not sure why.... Wink ) I think we're going to have a very solid defense this year.

Ryan started off the game and showed us why roids work.....putting a charge into one that nearly hit the fence. But like most lead off hitters that occasionally gets ahold of a ball, he "Furcal'd" for the rest of the game...attempting to put the balls out of the park. Overall our offensive and defense was fairly solid through the first game. It slowed down a bit towards the end, and a bad call and a offensive showing by Dem Boyz edged us out with a bases loaded drive off the fence.

Our second game started off well (2 homers in the 1st two innings) but we couldn't get any consistency with our at-bats. Our defense tailed off a little as well.....but with the field conditions and our 1st tournament it's somewhat expected. We kept it close but Yeah Buds pulled away at the end to send us home.

I don't think anyone felt badly about our showing....we all know we have a lot of talent on the team and we'll win tournaments.

We're looking to play another tournament on 02/09...hope to see you there!
MikeHGA79
MikeHGA79
Admin

https://stingers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

01/26- Tournament Review - Stats are posted! Empty Re: 01/26- Tournament Review - Stats are posted!

Post by Stump16 Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:53 pm

STAT Sheet looks good Mike!!!!

Hey Guys,

I just wanted to take a few minutes to reiterate what Mike has said here. I saw a ton of potential on Saturday. This is going to be a very good season for the Stingers. We are loaded with talent. We just need to get a few more practices in, and play some tournaments. The more we play together, the better we will become. We have quite a few new faces this year, and it takes a little while for everyone to get used to playing with each other. We hit well in the first game, and the bats went flat. That is to be expected early in the season. We will come around offensively. I personally dont see a reason for us to score less than 12 runs a game. We just need to execute and use our homeruns efficiently. Again, GREAT Job guys. I am looking forward to this season.

......and Ryan, stay off the juice. We don't need our leadoff man hitting homeruns.
Stump16
Stump16

Back to top Go down

01/26- Tournament Review - Stats are posted! Empty Re: 01/26- Tournament Review - Stats are posted!

Post by Ryan Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:23 pm

oh, don't worry about that. I'm pretty sure there was about a 50 mph wind gust blowing out toward left field when I swung.

Ryan

Back to top Go down

Post by CoinGuy Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:47 pm

At some point, either I'm going to have to quit, you guys are going to have to cut me, or you're going to have to cut some of these other guys.

For 1, they are making me look bad. Last year, the team made me look good. Not now. With the Blake's and the Josh, Paul, Ryan pick ups, it's obvious, I suck.

Seriously, just from what little I saw in the 1st game Sat., we've got a chance to make a lot of noise this year. Once we've got the bats going, we are going to be tough to beat. Our D will win some games for us, I can assure you. With the addition of Blake in the IF, we now have one of the better IF's (as long as we can get me out of it somehow) and with the addition of the other Blake in the OF and Cory more often, we have a an even better OF then we did and, that's saying something.

I'm excited about this season.
CoinGuy
CoinGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeHGA79 Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:14 pm

Poor "DP"....I mean Steve...don't worry...I'm sure Stump will find a suitable spot for you...

How well can you keep a book?? Laughing
MikeHGA79
MikeHGA79
Admin

https://stingers.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CoinGuy Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:19 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
CoinGuy
CoinGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down